The requirements for special care of our aging loved ones has never been more important. Most seniors want to stay in the familiar surroundings of their own home and live safely, independently and comfortably. Still, there are some important barriers to seniors remaining at home. Through proactive planning, staying at home can be much easier, safer, more practical, and more enjoyable for seniors.
Are You Prepared for The Role of Caregiver?
Caregivers must monitor the health and independence of their aging parents. Start by evaluating the situation from a caregiver’s perspective.
- Are your parents safe in their home?
- How well are your parents taking care of themselves? Do they eat regularly? Are they staying hydrated?
- How are your parents’ spirits? Do they have a routine? Do they connect with friends, neighbors, family?
- Are your parents having difficulty getting around?
- Talk with your parents if you have any concerns about their health or safety.
Caregivers must also be prepared for an emergency. Compile a list of your parents’ doctors, allergies, medications, surgeries, insurance information and other important details. Discuss long term care, living wills and advance directives.
Caregivers face many challenges. Home Health Care Solutions is ready to serve you and your family. Our Senior Care, Elder Care and Family Care Services are tailored to meet your unique circumstances. Let us know how we can best help you.